When you are in the real-estate market, and if you are either buying or selling a house, you should know that it can certainly be daunting. Do not fret because it always happens. It can even be as stressful as a full-time job. For a lot of people, it would indeed make sense to just hire an expert, a realtor or a real estate agent. They will take all of the work off your hands and they will make sure to bother you only with things that would require your approval or your opinion.
Your seller’s or the listing agent will indeed advertise your house if you are selling it. They will also make sure to set up open houses so that prospective buyers can take a look at what they may or may not buy. If you are someone who is looking to buy a house, you should make sure to consult a buyer’s agent who is very familiar with all kinds of preferred locations. He will also recommend the neighborhoods that would actually fit your likings. Some people may take advantage of your inexperience, and they may charge you more than what they are supposed to charge you. Therefore you should familiarize yourself with all of the happenings in the world of real estate. You should also make sure that you know how much an agent would pay.
• How long have you been a real estate agent?
• Have you had a good time in the profession and is it hard?
• What kind of clients do you normally get?
• Are all of your clients buyers?
• Are all of them sellers?
• What kind of houses do you usually work with?
• What kind of neighborhoods do you usually work with?
• How many homes have you sold in one the neighborhood that you are suggesting to us?
• What kind of marketing tools will help you find us the house we want?
• How quickly can we see houses?
• How long do you usually work with buyers?
• Is the buying process very long and tedious?
• How will we keep in touch for the process?
• What kinds of things should we look out for?
• Do you have any questions for us?
A realtor who you are hiring must be able to answer all of these questions without any hesitation. Make sure you are dealing with a legitimate realtor before you start the process.